Last minute news from your own unreliable correspondent.

Mind the what on the what year?

Thursday 8 May 2008

Shaking things up

Tokyo just had quite a big earthquake. The main tremors lasted for almost a minute!

Being the sophisticate I am, I was playing my gameboy at the time. I had to quickly decide weather to try and ditch my game and jump under a desk or keep playing and not lose ten minutes of effort. By the time I'd thought it through, the game over fanfare was blaring and the earthquake had all but finished.

Here's to quick thinking.

5 comments:

Kangaroos Loose in Top Paddock said...

So the earth has finally moved for you. I'm glad Mt Fuji didn't erupt as well. (I may or may not be being rude here, I can never really tell.)

Anyway, I'm glad you are okay and I hope the rest of Tokyo can say the same. Did you lean over in the approved style whilst clutching the gameboy?

D said...

I'm wondering if I should delete your last comment to save us all the embarrassment, or keep it as a testimony of what I have to put up with.

Keep your nonsensical and frankly rather desperate innuendos to yourself mother!

I thought about getting into the brace position, but it seemed like more effort than it was worth.

Kangaroos Loose in Top Paddock said...

I wasn't thinking of the brace position or even the missionary position. I was remembering the picture of you leaning sideways in front of a technical drawing of an earthquake-proof skyscraper. Since you are so very thin and tall, this may be more effective than crouching down with your hands behind your head (or anywhere else).

D said...

In my nativity I just did a google search for "missionary position" to find out which natural disaster it should be used in.

I guess there aren't many disasters where it would do much good, except for maybe 'when all but two members of the human race have been wiped out'.

Kangaroos Loose in Top Paddock said...

I'm glad your education is coming on - one way or another.

Despite your comparatively tender youth, I don't think you are actually still in your 'nativity'. I was there, and it's starting to seem a long time ago.

Yossarian Lives