Last minute news from your own unreliable correspondent.

Mind the what on the what year?

Friday 16 May 2008

So long and thanks for all the raw fish

Today is my last day in Japan and so this is also my last daily blog entry. I haven't had such a good time in quite a while and really don't want to leave. I've got to rush as the post office shuts soon but I think there's just time for some hurried thanks to all the people who've made Japan a blast.

In no particular order I'd like to thank Yano Noriko, the person who taught me much of the Japanese I know and made the process a pleasure (not to mention treating me to a spectacular day at Fuji). Yoko Chandler for her hours of patient conversation practice which gave me the confidence to use Japanese in real world situations and who I'm truly lucky to have met. Motoko Brimmicombe-Wood who introduced me to Yoko and who's insights into Japanese life and culture have been 'golden'. Mai Hirai-san, who helped organize my accommodation and who'd perfect English and cheery e-mails actually made if fun. Kei Koike who's drive and motivation give him the energy to set up my Japanese school from scratch and who showed me the fantastic Kamakura. And last but not least, Alex Brooke who, on top of the podcasts and the day in Tokyo bay, give me the advice and motivation I needed to make it to Japan.

Every single one of you has spoiled me rotten and I'm truly truly grateful.

Honorable mentions go to Tom, Joel and Ami for being pretty awesome, to my long suffering family for their long suffering and to the next door Malcolm and the Malcom-tachi for the 'good times'. Thanks also to everyone I missed out thanking. You were great and I'm sorry I forgot you. Yes you!

Last but not least, thanks to Japan. For being there.

Next stop: Bangkok

1 comment:

tomjgibbs said...

oh. as i remember, leaving japan was very, very sad. man. i feel sad about it now.

BUT guess where we are!

BANGKOK.

Give us a message when you arrive, as we are leaving for a few days to party on an island, but will be back on the 22nd. where will you be then?

big love

Yossarian Lives