Last minute news from your own unreliable correspondent.

Mind the what on the what year?

Saturday 17 May 2008

Thaired Out

Three... hours.. sleep. My mental condition is not great but could be worse considering.

Anyway, I'm HERE. I mean, I'm usually here but today I'm HERE in Bangkok and tomorrow I'll be THERE in Phnom Pehn.

First Impressions:

Thailand is a lot nicer looking than India. As expected I got bombarded at the airport by hundreds of people trying to get me to take a ride in their taxi. A good lot of yelling 'METER METER' got me a ride that only cost one quid more it should have been. The taxi driver was a total nutter and for the whole journey he hand-danced with one hand to aweful aweful American pop songs from Thai International Radio. He only stopped his dancing to turn corners, If I'd had the energy I would have been scared witless.

Thailand is a pretty place, with lots of green, pretty flower and wide roads. There might not be seatbelts in the back of cars but at least they use their rear view mirrors unlike some countries I've been too.

Anyway, I think that's all I'm capable of writing without falling asleep on the keyboard so I'm off to find an ATM and a pick-me-up. Another blog entry... eventually.

2 comments:

Maxz said...

I'm so relieved that the place you're staying has some sort of internet connection place as I feared that you were leaving this blog behind with you when you left Japan.

Don't worry about having to update it everyday though (if that's even possible where you're staying), you really did spoil us rotten in Japan.

tomjgibbs said...

did you go to khao san road? Man. What a mental place. Hope you are safe and well in cambodia, go to angkor wat. Its probably one of my favourite places in the world.

Yossarian Lives