Last minute news from your own unreliable correspondent.

Mind the what on the what year?

Monday 14 April 2008

Gigs and giggles

Just got back from my first Japanese"gig".
 
I met up with my chums Tom, Joel and Ami at half two, and we poked around Shibuya and the surrounding districts. I ate a cheese and blueberry donut, Joel bought a Moomin pendant, Tom took us to a crazy photobooth, place, thing and Ami (a local Tokyite who spent a year at my secondary school) kindly endured my practacing Japanese at her. Fun times!
 
The real meat and veg of the evening was going to see Joel's friends band play. The gig was a relatively tame affair- About a hundred and fifty Japanese teenagers stood in four neat lines, bobbing and watching apreciatively as the bands tried desperately to get them going.
 
As the music reached a fever pich and the gitaurists lept around the stage, a couple of people at the front started gently jumping, and one girl took off her jumper and danced in a bikini top. That was about as crazy as things got.
 
We left early and hit a "traditional English pub" (hah), and then a delicious fast food rice & beef joint were a good meal was under two quids. Food in Japan may be cheap, but the drinks are really expensive with a pint of guiness setting you back as much as six pounds (five if you're lucky) and regular beer around four.
 
I should probably save my drinking mony for Cambodia where pints are fifty pence a pop and spirits flow like water. My liver says no but my heart says yes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What does your brain say?

(Really, I'm just leaving a comment because this blog entry didn't have one and that seemed sad.)

Yours
Anonymous

D said...

...It guesses we'll find out when my body gets to Cambodia....

Yossarian Lives