Last minute news from your own unreliable correspondent.

Mind the what on the what year?

Tuesday 8 April 2008

The Last Minute

All that's packed is packed, all that's forgotten is forgotten. Tomorrow I head off bright and early to Birmingham airport.

Today was pretty hectic to say the least. Everything was going smoothly until I visited Natwest to ask them why my accommodation payments were late. After about half an hour of phoning, they told me that they didn't know where the payment forms were. After a considerable amount of panicking on my part and some more phoning we decided that it was a better idea to pay my housing expenses in cash when I got there- this heralded a mad dash around town looking for yen. Nowhere, and I mean NOWHERE in Leamington sells yen.

I ran back to the bank and panicked at them some more, while they phoned other banks to find yen. There were no yen. I phoned my dad who turned up and looked gruff while I hyperventilated in the corner. My friend Owen, who had rather rashly accompanied, me tried hard to suppress signs of boredom. Eventually someone had the idea of travelers cheques and, after another mad dash, the matter was settled.

Anyway, today's debacle is over and I must get some sleep in preparation for tomorrow's. I have to get up at 6:30 and while I'm excited to be heading to the land of the rising sun, I wish I didn't have to rise with it!

3 comments:

Joel said...

What a kerfuffle. I have traveller's cheques as back-up money, and i took some yen with me (much of which i've already spent...) and i'm withdrawing from ATMS now. Don't worry, Tokyo's not expensive, it's just that there's so much to buy...

Unknown said...

I found the "mad dash" quite exciting, albeit a subdued form of exciting.

The best part was the running - great stuff! Would definitely take part in locating yen in Leam again.

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to hear the sequel.

Foke Satome

Yossarian Lives