Last minute news from your own unreliable correspondent.

Mind the what on the what year?

Sunday 20 April 2008

Isakaya, nomimono and such

So, I've been to my first "Isakaya" (Japanese Pub) and am in no fit state to write a blog entry. In Isakayas they serve something that is known as hoppi. It's a cheap spirit mixed with beer that they keep serving until you can drink no more. I'm told it " makes you feel bad in the morning!"

 I don't look forward to the morning, but for the moment I feel fine! (maybe too fine).

Today I visited the Tokyo Edo museum and had a good time. After that I met some friends from my dorm in Ueno and "had myself a time"!

...and  that's all I trust myself to say! I'll write more tomorrow, scouts honor.

-an Isakaya'd Duncan

2 comments:

Kangaroos Loose in Top Paddock said...

Very grateful and impressed that you managed to compose a blog entry in your condition. Of course I am left wondering what these things are that you don't trust yourself to say...

Anyway, great to hear you are ingesting a balanced diet of toxins - I should imagine that for all its sins hoppi is at least low in salt. What kind of poisoning will you be working on tomorrow: lead, arsenic, snake venom...?

Don't imagine you'll be eating much breakfast in the morning but you might enjoy the crunchy paracetamol in your first aid kit.

Looking forward to tomorrow's report on your physical, mental and spiritual condition.

Love Mum

Kangaroos Loose in Top Paddock said...

P.S. You will be excited to hear that here in Britain IKEA had its 21st birthday today. Of course we went to the party: ate the 21p hot dogs, emptied the bottomless cups, and came home absolutely flat-packed! Move over hoppi and bring on more lingonberry fizz..

Yossarian Lives